Outside the Three Dancers Inn

The first of many adventures to come
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Re: Outside the Three Dancers Inn

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:49 am

Arlette manages to sneak up on Hragg by hugging the shadows along the wall and darting between the barrels and crates. Elec also doesn't notice her as he approaches the dwarf.

Arlette makes a grand entrance, making herself known. Her proclamation that she is Landowe is clearly unbelievable to either Hragg or Elec.
Elec
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Post by Elec » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Just as he was about to greet the dwarf, a human female suddenly tumbles in front of him. The shock of someone appearing suddenly in front of him made Elec instinctively reach for his crossbow. Before hesitating when he heard she claimed to be Landowe. (What do I roll to see if I believe her)
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Tartus, you sort of alluded to having met Landowe before so it's impossible for Arlette to fool you. If you haven't met Landowe before go ahead and roll a sense motive check.
Elec

Post by Elec » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:50 pm

"Landowe, I almost didn't recognise you. Are you wearing a new disguise? You look very...... feminine."Elec take a glance at 'Landowe' and continue. "Do you still remember where you've met me before? It's been a while and I want to make sure that it's really you"
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:20 pm

"My dear Elf-man!" Arlette begins, already sensing hints of her facade failing, "of course I remember where we met! Let me paint you a picture dwarf," she slaps her hand arrogantly onto the dwarfs strong shoulder, "some moons ago, almost this time last year at the harvest festival, I came from the west and not knowing many in these parts I struck up a delightful conversation with this strapping young man-elf. We traded stories over our ales, oh what laughs were had!" Arlette turned to the half-elf determined to continue with her narrative; she never really did know when to shut up. "and thank you, my dear Elf-man, are you not impressed with my new disguise? I'm sure you would not have known it was I, Landowe, had I not announced myself. We'll need these skills as we head down the Northern road," she leans closer to the dwarf and continues in a serious voice, "merchants with whole caravans have been lost on these roads, goblins, orcs, dragons, evil spirits, they're all along the path we seek to travel!"

She looks from one to another, waiting to see if they appreciate her obvious good humour.
Elec

Post by Elec » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:48 pm

"Really, you would think that i would remember visiting a harvest festival....... considering i live in the forest throughout the year" Elec begins to bring up his crossbow. "who are you, really, last chance"
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:22 pm

"Easy friend, easy" Arlette begins, swiftly moving out of the way of a potential bolt and gently placing her hand upon the front of the crossbow to lower it "you misheard me, a common mistake made by those not used to my accent" quickly adding an accent to her voice, "I said I *work for* Landowe; my impressive entrance must have added to the confusion, oft my feminine wilds have been held to blame as well, don't fault yourself I've been described as beguiling on many occasion" She continued, again not appreciating any standard social cues to stop talking. "To know all that I know, I must work for whom I assume is also your employer, Landowe. I have ample useful information I have sourced from the locals that I am happy to share. If you are not my fellow travellers, I wish you well on your journey; from what I've heard around town, you'll need it, if however you are my companions, I am Arlette, I beckon you join me in entering the Inn" Arlette gestures towards the entrance, whilst also making a slight turn in case she need run from these travellers who she may have upset.
Elec

Post by Elec » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:13 am

" Well you should have just lead with that, instead of the whole Landowe charade" Elec grumbled and puts down his crossbow."But i can see why Landowe hired you. Well its always good to have information, so sure I will join you" "What says you dwarf, you are clearly one of Landowe's hire, shall we get a drink with 'Landowe' "
Hilda Hearthstone
Class: 1st-lvl Cleric

Post by Hilda Hearthstone » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:54 am

Hilda Hearthstone thew back the curtains that were hung in her room at the inn. A cloud of dust billowed with the sudden movement and could be seen through the beams of sunlight that came pouring in. The sun felt warm upon her face. She pulled up a chair to the window and began her daily devotions, preparing the spells that she needed for the day; including a prayer for a semi decent breakfast, or at least salt and pepper for once. Once finished, Hilda gathered her things and went downstairs for her breakfast. Well, at least she wasn't hungry anymore. After paying for the meal, Hilda walked out of the inn, looking for the person who hired her. Hilda was already heading that direction of Landowe anyways, hoping to find a new spice in a different part of the land. Seeing the group outside, Hilda walks past them casually, listening into their conversation to see if they're the travelling group that she'll be journeying with.
DM, I'm not sure which skill check to roll for
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:22 am

Hilda, you would roll a listen skill check to see what you overhear as you walk past. But in order to not be seen doing so, you would roll a bluff skill check. In both of these cases it's a 1d20 plus the modifier for the relevant skill on your character sheet.

The other three players, they will all roll a sense motive skill check to see if their characters notice you listening. If one of their scores is higher than your bluff check, then they spot you listening. They are not actively talking quietly, so it won't be hard to listen. Based on the result of your listen check, I will tell you what you hear.

So Arlette, Hragg, and Elec all please roll sense motive. Hilda roll as above.