Outside the Three Dancers Inn

The first of many adventures to come
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: Outside the Three Dancers Inn

Post by Kull » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:27 pm

When the group arrives at the camp side Kull readys his resting place a bit of the group but not to far.After he was done he walked into the forest to 1.look for tracks and if he finds a animal trail to either set up a snare or to track down an animal
Roll survival 1d20+1
2.After that he searches for enought dry firewood to keep up a fire through the night(search check needed?) . If he catches any prey he will hand it over to hilda since she is way more experienced in cooking. 3. He will assist party members if needed unless the task sound unreasonable. 4. Since he is abel to see in the dark he offers to take a watch in the night. 4. Kull active searches for sings of a possible attack 1d20-2.
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:31 pm

Also here my dice rolls for the 2 d100 1d100 1d100 then listen1d20+1 and finally spot1d20+1
Arlette Craven
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:21 pm

Arlette is happy to take the first watch of the evening, before it is too late and getting too dark for her to see. When they arrive at the camp, before her watch begins, she searches for anything of interest, specifically any sign of recent activity in the area, evidence of the camp being used recently or if it has been abandoned for some time. She also looks for any sign of other creatures.

She also looks forward, hopefully, to another meal prepared by Hilda. Last nights meal was better than the ordinary trail rations. She will offer Hilda help if she needs it preparing the meal.

Spot check
1d20+5

Listen check
1d20+6

1d100 #1
1d100

1d100#2
1d100

Search check
1d20+6
Elec
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Post by Elec » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:30 pm

"I'll take second watch." Elec says to the group as they settle down in the camp site. Seeing krull walking into the forest, Elec will head to another part of the forest to hunt. There's no way that Half orc can hunt for food faster than me" he thought to himself as he went into the nearby forest and begin to look for animal trails to track an animal to hunt

Survival(animal) check (DM if this is wrong my survival is+3 but survival (animal) is +5)
1d20+5

After hunting, he would lay out his bed roll to take a early rest in preparation for his second watch.

D100 rolls:
1d100
1d100

Spot check:
1d20+4
Listen check:
1d20+4
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:26 pm

Kull, you manage to catch a couple of rabbits fairly quickly. There's enough old driftwood on the side of the river that's dry enough to burn so it doesn't take long to collect enough for the night.

Arlette as far as you're able to determine, there's been no one in this camp recently.

Elec it seems that there's plenty of rabbits around here, you manage to catch another three.

Elec the additional skills labeled "Animal" are because you took Animal as your favoured enemy (an ability Rangers have). So you sort of just do everything better when it's against any creature of the type "Animal" (which rabbits are).

The sun is beginning to go down now, but the camp seems to be well set, the fire it lit, the horses are tied on a run.
Hragg
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin

Post by Hragg » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:58 pm

[1d100][1d100]Listen CHeck [1d20+2]Spot cHeck [1d20+2]

Hragg will take whatever shift is left after the others have chosen. The day went poorly for him. He disliked the open land, unsure which way to look for approaching trouble and sweating in the direct sunlight.

He seems more content in the forest cover, out of the sun. He also appreciated that this was a place where danger is palpable. He didn't trust areas people considered safe; too many variables. Here, in a dangerous place, you could lead with your axe and not worry about harming an innocent.

His first action when setting camp is to do a thorough examination of the area, including the trees and burrows to ensure no hidden danger was present. While doing so, he prays to Clangeddin to guard the rest of himself and the party, thanking him for surviving the day.

Finally, he finds a tree to lean against, setting his bedroll against it and ensuring he has a line-of-sight to the most likely approaches to the camp.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:39 am

Rolling for Hilda:
1d1001d1001d20+31d20+3
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:27 am

Hilda, during your watch you see something stalking around the tree-tops near the camp. It moves in the branches slowly. You've ample notice to call out an alarm and very quickly the party it ready and armed, even Landowe, though he looks very panicked.

Stepping slowly out of the moonlight shadows, into the clearing, it is what could only be described as the most horrifyingly large spider you've ever seen. It's black and hairy, making it very difficult to see in the moonlight, very hard to judge where it's outline begins and ends. It's legs are long and end in spines as thick as a dwarfs wrists.

Combat Order is PCs and then Spider
camp-1.PNG
camp-1.PNG (17.18 MiB) Viewed 11151 times
I hope the map is self-explanatory. The bright area is the camp-fire light, this is perfectly fine light. Outside of this area is low-light, either from moonlight or the campfire. The darker areas in the trees are dark and require dark-vision to see properly. Remember that your character can see a different distance, based on the light. Right now, you can all see the spider, but if it was to step back into the trees:
  • Kull, Hragg and Hilda would be able to see it so long as it's within 60ft
  • Arlette and Elec would not be able to see it, as it's in darkness
Ask any questions in chat if you're not sure about anything.
Elec
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Post by Elec » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:26 am

"What...... " Elec mumbled as he was jolted awake by Hilda's alarm. Rubbing his eyes as he reaches for his crossbow. Upon seeing the giant spiders he groans and mumbled "uh I hate spiders". Before using his movement to load his crossbow and fire at the spider from where he is standing.

Attack roll
1d20+4

Damage
1d8+2 (spiders are animals right?)
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:12 pm

"Careful everyone, if I know anything about spiders, there's always more than one... At least in my farmhouse growing up..." Arlette thinks fondly of her family home, the idyllic sunrises and dewy grasses she would cross to feed the chickens. A crackle from the fire snaps her back to reality. "Stay close to the fire, I'm pretty sure they don't like fire" she tells the group, hustling closer to the flames, "at least they didn't when I burnt my barn down" she quietly mumbles to no-one in particular.

She shoots at the spider.
To hit
1d20+3

Damage
1d8+1

After shooting at the spider, Arlette drops her crossbow and picks up a flaming stick from the fire, "I'll burn this forest down if I have to!" she grumbles.