Outside the Three Dancers Inn

The first of many adventures to come
Arlette Craven
Race: Human
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Re: Outside the Three Dancers Inn

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:48 am

"What's that?" Arlette asks Elec as she points to the glimmer of light, "we should check it out."
Elec
Race: Half-Elf
Class: 1st-lvl Ranger

Post by Elec » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:11 pm

"Perhaps some gold if we're lucky" Elec responds jokingly. "Sure we can go check it out" As he turns forward to ask Landowe "Landowe could we stop for a quick break here Arlette and I want to check out the small island over there"
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:28 pm

"I'm going to try crossing the bridge, maybe tie that rope around me so if I fall you all can pull me out." She looks around to be sure they aren't walking into a trap, as she hopes the shiny thing is worth her effort.

Listen check (in case its a trap)
1d20+6

Spot check (trap)
1d20+5

Balance check
1d20+2

Use rope check (DM does that come into this?)
1d20+4
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Class: Dungeon Master

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Landowe brings the wagon to a halt on the other side of the bridge and watches, waiting and smiling while Elec ties the rope to the wagon and Arlette wraps it around her waist. Arlette has no problem walking across the log and lands safely on the island. Up close she sees that a ragged old cloth has blown up where it was previously held down by small stones. The rag has revealed a small stash of coins, she counts 50 silver pieces. She looks around but finds nothing else on the tiny island.

Arlette you'll need a second Balance Check to safely return now. I assume you're taking the coins?
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:49 pm

Arlette senses a trap, why would someone leave a bunch of coins on an island... "There are a bunch of coins here, shall I bring them back?" She yells across to the others.

DM Assuming the others say yes, Arlette collects the coins and returns to the bridge to cross back to the party.

Balance check
1d20+2

Swim check (if required)
1d20+2
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:23 pm

Arlette you very nearly lose your balance but manage to regain it at the last moment. Make a second Balance Check to continue the rest of the way (no need for a second swim check, we'll use the first one. Make a Reflex Saving Throw as well in case you fall in (that swim check result isn't great).
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:30 pm

"whoooaaaa you Laughing Rogue, these are my best boots, I don't want to get them wet! This is exactly like you, lure me onto a little island with some glittery promise only to push me into the river on the way back!" She curses playfully with her god, sure he is behind her loss of footing.

Balance check
1d20+2

Reflex save check
1d20+4
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:34 pm

Arlette you once again lose your balance but manage to prevent yourself from falling in. Roll another Balance Check, if you roll a 7 or less you fall in and we'll see if your reflex save helps you. If you roll a 12 or higher, you make it across, an 8-11 and you can roll it again.
Arlette Craven

Post by Arlette Craven » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:39 pm

"Olidammara, you chaotic prankster!" Arlette yells at nothing in particular, her eyes glued to the fallen trunk in front of her, arms stiffly outstretched either side of her trying to outwit her god.

Balance check
1d20+2
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Arlette you are safely back across, a little bit richer. Landowe slaps his knee laughing, it seems he's quite enjoying himself.

"Let's get a move on!" he calls. "No sense in more delays!"

The rest of the day goes without further incidence. About an hour after lunch, which was eaten on the move, you approach another line of trees.

"This is the Craven Forest," says Landowe. "If we're going to have any trouble, it'll be in here."

Not much sunlight penetrates the overlapping canopy over the road once under the trees. After only a minute of travel the temperature drops too. There's the occasional branch that's fallen over the road that as a team you're easily able to move. Eventually you reach a river, as promised by Landowe, again, a well-built stone bridge gives the road a way across. On this side of the river is a small clearing that is clearly the usual camping spot for travellers. Once again, the camp site is empty.

"Alright team, we camp here the night," says Landowe, in a much more subdued voice than his usual boisterous bellow.

Okay, you have safely arrived at the next camp-site. Managing to avoid any random encounters. What I need from everyone now is which watch they will take (1st, 2nd... 5th) and any other actions that you're going to undertake in camp (first in best served). Feel free to talk amongst yourselves to get to know one another, or talk to Landowe. The next resolution time will be in the announcement topic as usual.

When you post the watch you would like to take, please also roll 2x1d100's as well as your Spot and Listen checks.