We should go on pause for a little while

Ask for help, offer suggestions to other players, and just general chat.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

We should go on pause for a little while

Post by NeomerArcana » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:20 am

Hi guys,

Wikk has left us. His stated reason was that the pacing wasn't what he was expecting. This is 100% my fault. I have been very lax and lazy and have not been posting anywhere near often enough, and that has resulted in a stalling game and losing a new player (who was pretty cool).

So; I've thought about the reasons for this. The big reason is time. Kull and Arlette will remember a time when the game was moving a lot faster. The reason it was is that I had everything planned, I didn't need to spend a lot of time on the game, because everything was ready to go. There's actually a wiki here http://svartalfheim.org/wiki/ where I had the whole adventure planned out etc. Unfortunately, I never planned anything out since the first adventure to this degree, and was instead scribbling some notes and playing it a bit off the cuff.

This hasn't worked.

Because I haven't taken the time to plan, it means that I haven't been able to craft something interesting. Anything that seems interesting has been neglected because I didn't put enough thought into where it was going. It's one thing for us to have a series of encounters as you move along, it's a whole other thing for us to have a series of connected encounters where everything is eventually explained and comes to light. For example:
  • Who's the cult, who's running it, what's it trying to do?
  • What's the King up to? What are the merchants up to?
  • Janice is still following you guys, what about her adventure?
  • Those bandits you have, what was the point of them hanging around?
  • How where those cultists controlling a dragon?
  • The thieves guild has gone quiet
There's a bunch of other things as well.

So; I need to pause the game for long enough to make a new adventure and get you guys on it. The biggest problem is starting it up again, very easy to forget and not return to check.

Does anyone have any ideas of how we can ensure we all come back?
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Re: We should go on pause for a little while

Post by Kull » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:19 pm

My idea to gurantee that all or most of us retrun is to set a date where you will send an update to your plans. With that we can check who is still left and if needed we can recruit new people, and you can make a better call when we will restart. I dont really know how long it takes to create a campaign and how busy your are irl.
I on my part enjoyed your campaign and will try to be in the next as well.

I also will try to do my part as a player to be more of an interisting character as i pretty much only build a walking doommachine. Do you want to let the campaign go on with the already established characters or is it more helpfull to create a new char? How much do you want to change ?
With that i thank you for the efforts made for us "the players".
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:57 am

I love Kull, he's one of my favourite characters ever. You're more than welcome to change your character if you like though.

It'll take me a while to set up a new adventure. As I said, I haven't got a lot of free time, so it takes a while. I don't want to provide any definitive date or anything because I really can't say when it will be ready.

If everyone has signed up with their regular email address on the board, you should get a notification when there's an announcement post like this one was? Did everyone receive that? If so, it might be easiest that I make a second announcement post to alert everyone that we're ready to start up again.
Wikk Slyscale
Race: Kobold
Class: 2nd Level Wizard

Post by Wikk Slyscale » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:36 am

As for ensuring a return, I am easiest to reach through Discord. I help run a Star Wars forum and we all use a discord server to socialize regularly and discuss IC concepts, future scenes and any issues that may arise during a scene. Being that it works like an instant messenger, it would be much easier to keep in touch and notify folks (at least myself) of any updates.
Celaena
Race: Select
Class:

Post by Celaena » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Yeah, discord is the easiest way to reach me. I checked my inbox and junk but didn't see the announcement post.
But yeah, take as much time as you need!
NeomerArcana
Site Admin

Post by NeomerArcana » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:58 pm

Alright, send me your discords. I'll update everyone over email (whatever you signed up with) as well.
Arlette Craven
Class: 1st-lvl Rogue

Post by Arlette Craven » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:37 pm

I'm excited to come back again when there is a set campaign to follow - for those who joined us most recently the pace of the first adventure was really good, we had lots of maps and it was easy to follow. Having caught up and taken over it feels really different to when Kull and I first started. I've super enjoyed everyones characters and I hope we all come back!
Ludo Fritzwick
Race: Gnome
Class: 2nd-level Bard

Post by Ludo Fritzwick » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:39 am

Same here.

Apologies again that I went from available often for posts to my less frequent ones more recently, but I would like to continue, if that's alright with everyone else? Ill send over my discord though and happily wait for something in the future! Definitely want to keep Ludo going with everyone
Grigori Steelbrow
Race: Dwarf
Class: 1st-lvl fighter

Post by Grigori Steelbrow » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 am

Just checking in, how is everyone doing?
Kull
Race: Half-Orc
Class: 1st lvl figther

Post by Kull » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:40 am

Pretty good i guess, hope that goes for the rest of you guys as well.
Im still checking regulary but might get a bit busy soon because school tests are comming up again.