Money and Management

Ask for help, offer suggestions to other players, and just general chat.
NeomerArcana
Site Admin
Race: Human
Class: Dungeon Master

Money and Management

Post by NeomerArcana » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:28 am

Hey guys, managing currency and experience points etc is getting to be a bit of a bummer for me. Mostly because it's just niggling for any of us to accurately keep track of how much money each person has and the amount of experience etc. Especially when spending the money isn't really a problem.

I've already decided for myself that experience will just be granted at a group level to proceed to the next level at different points to the story. So for example, after investigating the swamp, I suspect we'll just say "level 3 reached".

For money; I thought it might make some sense if we do something similar. We can just pool together all the money the group has and declare that there's that much around. Everyone can spend up to about 1/4th of the total (roughly the amount each person has). Occasionally I will declare that more money is in the pool as you find treasure etc.

I know though that Kull is motivated by money, and Arlette likes to know she has stolen more than anyone else has. So I will check what the group thinks first.

My goal is just to make management easier for everyone.
Kai Sylgeiros
Race: Human
Class: 2nd-lvl Paladin

Re: Money and Management

Post by Kai Sylgeiros » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:11 am

Im fine with the experience it will be easier since this is my first campaign. I don't have any problems with the money either way it is managed